....and I'm just the guy for the task!!
Sitting under plam trees, looking out at the beach and Straights. Already warm and sticky at 9:30 a.m., Wednesday the 3rd. 81 degrees and 89% humidity. Calling for 88 degrees by mid-afternoon. I think I need to keep out of the sun today. If you've been following along, here is another science lesson....that sun here at latitude 5 degrees north is INTENSE. Doesn't take much to turn this white guys skin red. : )
It is two weeks break for the public schools right now, so the resorts, including Paradise, are busy with families getting some R&R. Asian (of all sorts) and middle eastern, some westerners (Austrailia isn't far, comparitively). Shorts and T-shirts, two piece swim suits, and muslim dress, from head scarves to full black burka's with only eye slits make up the fashi0n on the beach. Interesting. Nobody seems out of place.
Para-sail and banana-boat boats are already out looking for riders, along with the jet ski's Pam's brother, Tim, and I will probably play with those toys next week after Pam and I return from 4 days on the island of Langkawi.
Pam is next door at Dalat, watching the various acedemic awards being presented, and listening to the seniors and their bequeaths......stuff they are leaving to the underclassmen.
Graduation is tonight. Sounds like it will be a nice ceremony. Each of the graduates will be, uh, 'eulagized', for the lack of a better term, for about 2 - 3 minutes by various instructors.
The fine arts fair last night was interesting. Various types of artwork as created by students across the high school classes (this is a preK-12 school), pencil, paint, clay, sculpture, depicting people, flowers, cars, and items from one's imagination.
Well, time to suck it up....sit back and watch the water, the people, and the various cargo and cruise ships passing through the straights. Talk to you later.........
Beautiful Snow Day
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment