After a very long week at work we were up early on Sat morning and headed to the airport in the dark. Matthew was kind enough to get up after only a couple of hours sleep to drop us off. Check in and security went very smoothly and we were at the gate in plenty of time. The flight was amazing. I (Pam) had a window seat and watched the sun come up as we flew over Lake MI. It was such a clear morning and I was able to relax and enjoy the view out the window. We flew over MI and the along the southern coast of Lake Erie. The flat farmland of OH gave way to the Allegheny mountains in PA. Before I knew it I could see the Atlantic ocean. The plane circled over the ocean and landed at Boston's Logan airport. What a lovely harbor Boston has! We very easily found our luggage and caught a taxi to the pier. Can you believe it - there was no one in line to check in at the pier. We were on board so quickly and smoothly I could not believe it. What a lovely, relaxing way to begin our vacation.
(More to follow......)

Royal Caribbean Jewel Of The Seas

The fruit table of the lunch buffet in The Windjammer Cafe. We were on board by about 11:30 even though the ship wasn't scheduled to depart until about 5:00. We could wander the upper decks of the ship, but were unable to get to the cabin floors until 1:00-ish.

Inside the Solarium on Jewel Of The Seas. Asian / Far East motif, where as on Rhapsody Of The Seas is Egyptian.

The roof is retractable, but the weather did not cooperate to have it open. It did get warm enough in there though to pull up a deck chair and watch the water going past outside. Some afternoons the deck chairs were all occupied...turned INSIDE....and A LOT of snoring going on.
2 comments:
It sounds really exciting! I can't wait to see more!
Boston Harbor is beautiful! I really like the fruit display.
Post a Comment