Tuesday we were in Saint John, New Brunswick, as opposed to St. John's, Newfoundland. Kayaking was the event of the day. As we got off the ship, the port was engulfed in sea mist and it was 9:00 in the morning. A half hour later we were at our put in location, it was still cloaked in mist even though we had taken time to get our equipment and a paddling lesson.

We're on shore, ready to be pushed out into the water. You can see (barely) one of our guides out in the water already. Believe it or not, there IS
scenery behind the guide, honest!!

The sea mist is starting to push out of the bay. Tree line starting to peek out of the mist. Look at the water.....nice and smooth. Makes for great paddling.

There really IS a coastline out there.

And vua-la, you can see across the bay. Beautiful.

The mist is all gone. Look at the sunshine reflecting off the paddles (NOT oars!). Looking at the topography behind us, the tall granite rock faces with shallow dirt, shrubs and tall pines, it is very reminiscent of The Boundary Waters up in Minnesota.
2 comments:
What a fun day that must have been!
Sea mist can be really thick. I remember when I was driving over the Ravenel bridge in sea mist. I couldn't see anything over the harbor.
The landscape does look like the boundary waters (at least from what I remember from the pictures). The picture of you two in the kayak is so cute!
Post a Comment