John Deere Museum and Pavillion
Some early design models. Note the steel wheels on the tractor on the left.
Dad in front of a big JD endloader.

Get that gold Buick out of my way !!

They make them BIG now. Everything gets funneled in the front.........
...........and gets processed through all the machinery and discharged out the upper chute into a truck driving along side.
John's Deere ?
Sunday morning, being early risers, Pam and I went downstairs and sat in the hot tub for a bit. Nice warm way to start the day. A little later, we all had fresh waffles, juice and coffee for breakfast, and then packed up our stuff to hit the road. It was too early though to head home, yet we had pretty much seen what Moline had to offer. So a detour.....we followed the Mississippi north about an hour and change to Galena, a quaint, touristy, civil war era historical town, home of Ulysese S. Grant. Got there in time for a nice lunch in a period restaurant / hotel....seemed odd having flat screen TV's in a 150 year old building. From lunch, we headed home.
(Pam and I have been to Galena several times with our Boy Scout troop for spring camporee which was coordinated with Grant's birthday celebration.....imagine, 6,000 Boy Scouts and Scouters all clogging up the streets and stores of Galena. This visit was much calmer, and yet I was still surprised at how many people were in town. Look at how many cars are along the street. But, it was a beautiful sunny day. Perfect for a Sunday drive.)
Being a Civil War era town, just think of all the different things Galena has seen over time.....

1 comment:
My family (I was a kid) was traveling somewhere and we had an accident...it was very near Moline, Illinois. I'll never forget that day and I'll never forget Moline, Illinois.
Post a Comment